Some of these items change quite frequently. I’ll update whenever I seem to remember.
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Bob Dylan, if we’re just talking full albums.
If counting an overall total including singles and such Darren Hayes takes the lead (if we also include the time he was in Savage Garden).
2. What was the last song you listened to (voluntarily)?
David Byrne “Here Lies Love”
3. What is in your iPod/CD player right now?
On my iPod: Chris Mann’s “Roads.” *iPod is broken. Only wants to play “The Heist” from Macklemore & Ryan Lewis — anything else it freezes.
In my car: 3 of Eric Hutchinson’s cds “Sounds Like This,” “Moving Up Living Down,” “Pure Fiction,” and the Jersey Boys movie soundtrack.
4. What song would you say sums you up?
The Wallflowers “I Wish I Felt Nothing”
5. What’s your favorite local band/group?
Well since Pat Monahan moved into my area I can now say Train.
6. What was the last concert you attended?
Maroon 5 (March 28, 2015) *Always changing. Check the archives for the latest.*
7. What was the greatest show you’ve ever been to?
It’s very hard for me to choose. However, Jude at the Tractor Tavern is always a good time. The Wallflowers at the Pier was a fun night. Train at the Crocodile Cafe club shows was an unforgettable experience.
8. What’s the most musically involved you have ever been?
Playing the viola in my orchestra class. We even pooled some money together to make a cd (it was a much harder task back then) and we even made it on some local tv show in some other state.
9. What show are you looking forward to?
Levi Kreis in April 2015
10. What is your favorite band t-shirt?
I’m really digging this one designed by Ty Mattson for Jakob Dylan’s “Women + Country” cd. A big fan of Ty overall.
11. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Hmm. In some ways I feel like I already have.
12. What was your coolest “rock star” moment?
I don’t know. Going to soundchecks? One time I guess someone wanted to meet me knowing that I would be going to the show. Guess being kicked out of a venue counts? I was underaged at the time.
13. Do you like rap concerts?
I haven’t been to many, but I did enjoy seeing Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.
14. Who is one musician or group you wish would make a comeback?
Well, there isn’t really any in particular. I just wish they would comeback and be bigger in the states or be more popular so they could tour some more.
15. Who is one band/artist you’ve never seen live but always wanted to:
The Beatles (for band) and Michael Jackson (for artist)
16. Name 5 of your favorite songs of all time:
That is just too difficult. They always change.
17. Name 5 flawless albums:
This is also hard for me to choose… however the way it’s stated it’s just to name them.
The Wallflowers “Breach”
PJ Olsson “Beautifully Insane”
Jude “No One Is Really Beautiful”
Pete Yorn “musicforthemorningafter”
Darren Hayes “This Delicate Thing We’ve Made”
18. What was the greatest decade for music?
Well, the mid to late 90’s are more relevant to my life and where a lot of my “comfort songs” come from. I do have a soft spot for the 80’s though as I grew up in that era. I also not afraid to admit I love some good disco music. Overall, I do think probably the 60’s was the most influential and I’m starting to really get into the 50’s.
19. How many music related videos/DVDs do you own?
I can’t even begin to count.
20. How many concerts/shows have you been to?
I have an archive on this site. Feel free to count them up.
21. Who have you seen the most live?
Train’s Pat Monahan.
22. What was your last musical “phase” before you wisened up?
I don’t care. I listen to what I like.
23. What music is your “guilty pleasure” that you don’t often admit to liking?
There’s a lot. However, there’s always something fun about having Christina Aguilera’s songs from her first album on play although it seems hardly age appropriate for me now.
24. What album have you purchased the most copies of in your lifetime?
Pete Yorn “musicforthemorningafter” at least 10 copies. Plus the vinyl.
25. Who is your favorite musician?
I have my favorites for sure. Hard to just single one of them out.